I have been wanting to do a shaker card for a while now, but thought it would be difficult. It really isn't at all! They take a little more time, but it was not difficult. We made this one at my last Christmas Card Class and all the ladies loved it. They too had been wanting to do a shaker card.
To make this card you are going to need the following products:
Crumb Cake Card Stock # 120953
- cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" score at 4 1/4"
Whisper White Card Stock # 100730
- cut at 3 1/4" x 3" for the snowman
- cut at 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
- cut at 4" x 5 1/4"
- scraps for bow and lid
Candy Cane Christmas Designer Series Paper #142037
- cut at 4" x 5 1/4"
Window Sheets #142314
- cut at 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
I have a couple of tips for you when you make this card. On the white piece of paper stamp your sentiment first and then the cut out the jar using the Everyday Jar Framelits. You are going to stamp the jar, the largest one, from the Jar of Love stamp set right onto the window sheet.
When using Window Sheets make sure you use Stazon Ink when you stamp. All other ink will possibly smear and not dry totally. Also, your stamps can slide easily when you are using the window sheets so you will want to be careful to keep it straight.
I stamped my snowman on the little piece of white paper and then poured the Mica Flakes onto of the snowman. I put enough to cover him.
I assembled the card in this order:
- adhere the stamped window sheet to the white card stock
- put the Foam Adhesive Stripes around the jar on the window sheet, making sure there are no gaps. This is what is going to keep the flakes in and you will want to put your bottom piece across the jar lid. The lid will hide it and you want to do this so the Mica Flakes don't fall down too far. You want to be able to see them when the card is standing up.
- lay the snowman stamped and colored on your table, pour the Mica Flakes on him and then adhere the paper from above on it. This way you can see exactly where you want to adhere so you can see the snowman.
- I added the Foam Adhesive Stripes around the edges and adhered it to the Candy Cane Christmas DSP (Designer Series Paper). That way it is all the same height.
Now that I know how to make shaker cards, I am going to be making a lot of them. They are so fun!
If you would like to order for the holidays and have it delivered before Christmas, order before December 15th. Not sure what you would like to get your loved ones, how about a Gift Certificate? I have them available and then come in a handmade gift holder. All you have to do is give it to your loved one. Contact me at email@example.com
Thank you for stopping in today! Have a wonderful Wednesday!