It's time for my new series Merry Christmas Monday!!!! I am so excited! Every Monday from now until Christmas I will be making a 3D project, gift boxes and bags, tags, stocking stuffers and more! You are not going to want to miss it! Make sure you check back every Monday and more!
This is my first project - A Notebook Holder
When I was thinking about what project to make my first thought was what do you need first for the holiday season? You need a list of all the presents you need to make or buy, who to send cards to, what baking you want to make and what decorating you need to do. Well, you need something pretty to put all those list in and I have the perfect thing for you! I have a notebook holder with a pocket to keep your receipts in and a matching pen all in one place.
Here is a picture of the inside of the holder.
The pocket on the left is perfect for receipts, recipes or whatever you would like to put in there. I put the Candy Cane Lane Washi Tape on the top of the notebook and a santa from the Cookie Cutter Christmas on the pocket to decorate the inside.
To make this card you are going to need the following items:
Real Red Card Stock #102482
- one 8 1/2" x 11" scored at 5 1/4" and 5 3/4" on the 11" side
- cut one at 6 1/2" x 4 3/4" - score the 6 1/2" at 1/2", 3/4", 5 3/4" and 6" score the 4 3/4" side at 1/2" and 3/4"
- cut at 2 1/4" x 5 1/8" score at 1" from each side
- scraps for Santa hats
- See below for pictures of the above papers
Early Espresso Card Stock #119686
- cut at 2" x 5 1/4"
Crumb Cake Card stock #120953
- cut at 1 3/4" x 5 1/4"
Whisper White Card Stock #100730
- scraps for the gingerbread man, Santa hats, mitten, star and candy cane
Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper # 141981
- cut at 5 1/4" x 6"
Here are the pictures to explain how to score and put on the Tape and Tear adhesive. You are going to want to use a strong adhesive to keep the pockets secure.
You will need to cut the corners and miter the sides so they make sharp corners. Put your adhesive near the edge of the paper.
You will want to cut out the corners on this piece also. You need to put the adhesive along the first score line from the edge of the paper.
You will want to put adhesive one each side of the score lines and on one side put to pieces. The side with the two pieces of adhesive go in the back of the notepad.
To put the Notebook Cover together you will want to assemble them in the following order.
- decorate the front of the 8 1/2" x 11" piece before you adhere the pockets
- adhere the pocket for the notebook on the right hand side of the cover
- adhere the pocket for the receipts on the left hand side of the cover.
- adhere the piece to cover the top of the notebook and decorate it
- slide the notebook into the pocket
I added Wink of Stella on Santa's hats and the star on the mitten. I also added white baker's twine for the bow on the candy cane.
You are now finished!!! I hope you like this project. I am going to stop procrastinating and start making videos and I will be making one of these for one of my videos. When I have it done, I will add it to this post.
Don't forget to sign up for my Stampin Scrapper Weekly Tips and Inspiration Newsletter. You won't want to miss it! Sign up HERE
Have a fabulous Monday and week!