Can you believe we spring forward for Daylight Savings Time today!!! I love the fact that it means spring is almost here, but I don't like that we lose an hour of sleep. I am a person who doesn't require a lot of sleep, so it doesn't really affect me, but it will affect my daycare kids. My daycare kids will be off schedule for about a week, until they get use to the time change. One thing that makes is even worse, is that it will be daylight longer in the evening. What kid wants to go to sleep when it is still light out? I know I didn't and still don't!
How cute is this bunny?! I made him from the Friends and Flowers stamp set #140508(W) #140511(C) and the coordinating punch, Festive Flower Builder Punch #139682. We made this card at Stamp Camp on Tuesday and last night. He is just so stinkin' cute!!!
I used the following card stock and measurements to make this card:
Crumb Cake Cardstock #120953
- 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"" score at 4 1/4"
- 4" x 5 1/4"
- 3/4" x 4"
Cucumber Crush Cardstock #138335
- 7/8" x 4"
- 1 1/4" x 4"
Whisper White Cardstock #100730
- 4" x 5 1/4" - for the inside the card
- scrap pieces to stamp the bunny pieces and flowers on
I have a couple of tips for you when you make this card.
- I stamped with the hardwood stamp using crumb cake ink on the crumb cake paper first and then the small piece of crumb cake paper. Make sure you change the direction of the wood grain on your little piece of paper. You want it to go horizontal. Once you have them both stamped then adhere the little piece to the big piece of stamp paper.
- Using your 2" circle punch #133782 line up the left hand side of the punch even with the bottom of the little piece you just attached. Push the paper in all the way and punch. It will not be in the center of your paper, but that is ok.
- When you adhere make sure you are only putting adhesive around the edges and not around the circle you just punched. You will need to put the bunny inside the 2" hole a little.
- Color the inside of the bunny's ear before you attach them to the face. I used pink pirouette #120969
- When you cut the grass with the fringe scissors #133325 make sure you don't cut too far. You need to leave a little section, so you can glue them down on the card. I used the multipurpose liquid glue #110755.
One the inside of the card I used the Easter Lamb stamp, but I only used the words Happy Easter. You can use a post it note to cover the lamb, ink your stamp, take off the post it note (this is important) and stamp it on the white paper. I don't know how many times I left it on and had a big blob of color where I didn't want it. I added 3 flowers at the left hand corner for a little decoration.
If you are like me, you decorate your envelopes too. I used the little flowers to put on the outside of the envelope and the Happy Easter on the back flap.
I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!
If you would like to purchase any of these products I used to create this card, just click on the picture below.